Copyright Infringement Penalties
Copyright infringement is the act of violating any of a copyright owner’s exclusive rights granted by the federal Copyright Act.
The legal penalties for copyright infringement are:
1. Infringer pays the actual dollar amount of damages and profits.
2. The law provides a range from $200 to $150,000 for each work infringed.
3. Infringer pays for all attorneys’ fees and court costs.
4. The Court can issue an injunction to stop the infringing acts.
5. The Court can impound the illegal works.
6. The infringer can go to jail.